Tom Barnes

Lattice Type 4 Failing with 0 Compliance

Afternoon,

I am comparing the different types of lattice using a simple volfrac and compliance study with both a compression and bending load case.

• Lattice types 1 and 3 ran without problem.

• Lattice type 2 failed in stage 2 ever after deleting the line below ran without problems for both the bending and compression runs.

CONTACT 2       FREEZE        21      31OPENGAP         NO
+       N2S     SMALL   NO              NO      .F

*** ERROR # 1479 *** in the input data:
 Incorrectly formatted numeric data in field 7.
 (If it is a character field, it should start with a letter.)

• Lattice type 4 failed with the same error however when I deleted the line below causing the error the model ran but generated a compliance of 0 for both the bending and compression runs.

CONTACT 2       FREEZE        21      31OPENGAP         NO
+       N2S     SMALL   NO              NO      .F

I have attached both the start file, second stage file and output file for the bending study of lattice type 2 and 4. Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

If you are referring to the 4_bending_lattice file I also see the same. I believe this could be because the lattice type used results in the nodes where the force being removed? Is this correct?

On 8/10/2018 at 9:37 PM, Tom Barnes said:

If you are referring to the 4_bending_lattice file I also see the same. I believe this could be because the lattice type used results in the nodes where the force being removed? Is this correct?

Looks like it is. Try apply loads on element nodes and check  if that helps. You may face another error with contacts.