• Announcements

• Rahul Ponginan

Please click here for a short but important announcement   03/26/17

Dear Users Our Commercial and Academic users around the world can use these same forums here as before i.e. the Altair Support Forum , Commercial users from India with solver queries can go to the Solver Forum for India Commercial Users , Academic Users from India and AOC India Participants are requested to go to the Forum for India Academic Users and AOC India Participants , We will be tending to all queries in all the forums promptly as before, thank you for your understanding. 
Udin

How to make a load time history plot ?

yea i already got the load time history. I have 2 question, after i have followed the controlarm for stress-life (fatigue life) and applied the method to my leaf spring Steel , my lsteel leaf spring  fatigue life is very small. could you help me with this sir ?

LS9810.mvw - HyperWorks v13.0.jpg

@Udin how did you apply the load?? And i recommend you to go for a static analysis with maximum load and evaluate the stress under static condition for maximum magnitude of load. You can also evaluate the signed von mises stress and evaluate the mean and alternating stresses.

The load i create myself and i took from the applied load of the centre leaf spring which is 9810N. I should take the von mises stress as my load? ohh i see we need to find the mean stress from signed von mises?

yes i gave the value as 9810 in load time history files (*csv). Sir how to normalize this loading curve?

ohhhh, thts why the fatigue life is little. do you have recommendation for the load time history values?

okay thats means i need to change from 1600kg into tonne=1.6 then convert it into Newton=15.696N. is it? if i use this value my vonMises is 7.99E+1 but the fatigue life is still small value which is 0.04. 

thts means its starts from solidworks unit scale ? if in solidworks i set to mm , than i need to use the ton,mm,s,N,Mpa, Demsity = 7.83e-9 , Young's = 2.07e+5 , Gravity = 9.806e+3 ?