Busra ASlan

Lattice Beam Radius Change

Hı;

I am doing lattice optimization structure using optistruct. I can change POROSITY or LATLB in phase 1. But I want to make changes in the beams. In other words, I want to change the values such as the lattice beam radius, the thickness in the phase 2 (sizing optimization). Can I do this? 

Thank you,

Good work.

image.thumb.png.924ebec960054e2e1fa13e762bbfa78f.png

Thank you for your answer.  

If I want to change beam properties, I should use specifying in the picture.

OK. 

Can I change values such as beam thickness and radius with the following information?

image.png.0ec3d66dc95f0b486fd88acd02f75c63.png

Hı,

Yes, I did. But there has not been any change in analysis, so I processed the button,I showed below, and I observed changes in the analysis. I think this parameter can be used.

Could you try and  tell me the result?   

image.png

image.png

Hi,

The upper and lower bounds defined on the lattice are replaced by a lattice structure provided solid element density falls under this bounds. 

So any solid element which has topology density less than lower bound is considered as void and above upper bound as solid. In between these bounds solver considers the material as porous and replaces with lattice. 

But you want to change the radius of the bar elements at the end of the optimization, is that correct?

Maybe you should look at MINRAD and MAXRAD where these will be used during phase 2 of optimization. 

@Prakash Pagadala ,

I tied your advice. I changed MAXRAD and MINRAD but I have a problem. I can not see the variance in the analysis results.

I want to share my files with you. I do not understand these result.

If you understand my mistake, please can you tell me?

Thank you.

4.rar

10.rar

11.rar