MattMc

How to be Notified about updates

Hi,

How do people best get updated when new releases/ patches bug fixes get released?

i.e. I'm waiting for Hyperview to support Abaqus 2018 odb's. When would this get released and how do I know when it has been released?

Many thanks,

Is that the same for any bugfixes/enhancements etc. we just need to keep checking the site?

I know of Altair connect, which should alert me about when there are suitable updates. I was wondering if there is a alerting email we can subscribe to which would send notification when there has been an update?

Thanks

Matt

Folks,

Any ETA on release of HW 2018? There are a few crucial errors which have been promised to be fixed on 2018 release and can't wait for it to come soon. 'Cause working on 2017 with these errors is tedious. 

19 minutes ago, Usgesd90 said:

Folks,

Any ETA on release of HW 2018? There are a few crucial errors which have been promised to be fixed on 2018 release and can't wait for it to come soon. 'Cause working on 2017 with these errors is tedious. 

My local support answer:

The 2018 release of the HyperWorks suite is scheduled for the start of the second half of the year.

If that's true, we have to wait for a lot of time.

13 hours ago, Burner2k said:

Second half of the year is almost here. Any updates on release of HW 2018?

Nothing!

We're already June (half of 2018). Maybe release 2018.5 now ?

I think Altair would probably release 2019 version by end of 2018...I hope 2019 would have massive & awesome changes if they are taking this long since the last major version release. A major gripe with current version is the Midsurface component bug which gets tedious for lot of parts.