Sign in to follow this  
Abhinav

Radioss Model Error

Question

Hello,

I am trying to model a sandwich structure and wanted to do a trial run with some random material just to check if my modelling is correct. I am getting the error 760, which i checked online and pointed to modelling error. Could someone please help me out and tell me where is the error in my contact modelling. I have to simulate the structure with a 2mm/min imposed velocity in z direction to find out the energy absorbed and the amximal force it can take.

Looking forward to your reply and support.

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav

Trial_MOdell.hm

Hello George,

I did exactly the way you said. However I am having intersection errror, which I am not able to fix. Could you check it once Please.

I have used automatic fixing tool, and then tried manually.

Thanks.

With Regards

Abhinav

Solid_Model_rigidwall_trial.hm

One more question even If I do it with face skin on top surface , shouldnt it function?

If I am not mistaken I wouldnt be needing contact definition as well since the face is generated out of solid model.

I tried with face skin  as well but getting 1 error about kinematic condition.

Hello George,

thanks for your correction.

I see that you have put rigid walls on all the sides of the cube. I wished to have the reaction force on the bottom of the cube. Slo if I remove the other rigid wall and leave it just at bottom with outblock corresponding to rigid wall, would it give the results required?

Apart from that I wish to ask why you made rigid walls on all the sides of the block? any particular reason for that? <elements move together?>

Regards

Abhinav

Hello George,

I have to model the honeycomb structure and an impactor to find out the energy absorbed. Unfortunately I am getting an error 156. I saw in one of your posts that this error occur due to the material curves. Could you check my model, if it is okay. I dont have all the values required by material card 28 like in direction 11 & 22 , and G12. WOuld it be possible to run the simulation without these curves.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks.

With Regards

Abhinav

honeycomb_solid_model_simu.hm

Hi,

The error is causing because of the curve behavior you have defined (yield stress strain curve). If you review the curve you can see that 4th absicca is less than the 3rd one and similarly check for other values also. This is not an intended behavior for stress-strain curve, so correct these values in the function.

curve.PNG

You can only create a good simulation with correct and authentic material values. Any illogical or unclear material data will result in wrong results and weird behavior.

We have a honeycomb crashbox tutorial available at https://altairuniversity.com/learning-library/modeling-and-analysis-of-honeycomb-impact-attenuator/ , I recommend you to got through this especially the material data.

Hello George,

thanks for your advise and correction. I have corrected it. I was following the tutorial which you also mentioned . Although during the run, it shows no error however in results there is no movement of the top surface plate. Could you please tell me , what mistake I have done?

Thanks in advance.

With Regards

Abhinav

HC_.hm

HC__0000.out

Apart from that I wish to know what could be posssible failure shear strain values, that could be given in MAT 28 law.