• Announcements

• Rahul Ponginan

Please click here for a short but important announcement   03/26/17

Dear Users Our Commercial and Academic users around the world can use these same forums here as before i.e. the Altair Support Forum , Commercial users from India with solver queries can go to the Solver Forum for India Commercial Users , Academic Users from India and AOC India Participants are requested to go to the Forum for India Academic Users and AOC India Participants , We will be tending to all queries in all the forums promptly as before, thank you for your understanding. 

Hi,

I'm trying to communicate between two C2000 piccolo boards through i2C protocol. Though the sending end seems working I can't confirm the operation on receiving end. Here what I did was the sending operation run in debug mode while receiving program loaded to other board through flash programming. If anyone can assist me how to figure the correct operation would an immense support. I'm attaching two of my diagrams I used to program the devices. 

Thanks. 

i2Crecieve.vsm

i2Cwrite.vsm

i2Cwrite-d.vsm

Hi,

Here is a simple example of configuring the one board as master and other as slave. 

Master diagram will be sending the data to a slave (address 10) continuously . This needs dumped onto flash using uniflash software.

Slave diagram will receive the data from the master . In this diagram set the own address as 10 in I2C config dialog.

Generate the code by selecting the compound block and run the slave diagram . Data received should be same as the data sent in Master diagram(in decimal).

Let me know if you are facing any issues.

Regards,

Girish   

Slave.vsm

Master.vsm

Dear Girish,

Thanks a lot for your input.  I figure out the error in my diagram.That is addressing. This explained my mistake clearly. I will proceed base on this and let you know the updates. 

Also I hope you don't mind if I ask an additional detail apart from this i2C problem. Have you worked on PI controller implementations in Embed software. If so please let me know. I have another trouble there.

Thanks again and wish you good luck.

Hi,

If you trying to control the motor there are different examples (Embedded>>Examples>>Digital Motor Control)which involves PI controller implementation.

Please share your .vsm files if you are facing any issues.  

Regards,

Girish