• Announcements

• Rahul Ponginan

Please click here for a short but important announcement   03/26/17

Dear Users Our Commercial and Academic users around the world can use these same forums here as before i.e. the Altair Support Forum , Commercial users from India with solver queries can go to the Solver Forum for India Commercial Users , Academic Users from India and AOC India Participants are requested to go to the Forum for India Academic Users and AOC India Participants , We will be tending to all queries in all the forums promptly as before, thank you for your understanding. 
    • Rahul Ponginan

Introduction to Explicit Analysis using RADIOSS.   11/02/17

We are excited to announce the release of updated RADIOSS ebook, Introduction to Explicit Analysis using RADIOSS. We have added new tutorials, more FAQ's....etc with more topics covered. This study guide aims to provide a good introduction into the exciting and challenging world of explicit Finite Element Analysis.
      You can download the updated RADIOSS ebook here: Introduction to Explicit Analysis using RADIOSS                                                           
Sign in to follow this  
Ushay

Reference vector

Hi! I have implemented typ 16 property for a fabric material and now creating a material card from tensile test results. I am a bit confused of the ref vector in the property card. I understand, if Vx =1 the direction of fiber is aligned with global X-axis, but how will it assign the x-axis of fiber to global axis?

What happens with the other cases, if

vx=0 ; vy=1; vz=0

vx=1; vy=1;vz=0

I have performed the tens. test by having a fabric(warp, weft fibers separated 90deg) whose warp and weft are parallel and perpendicular respectively to the loading direction.

Any answers regarding this are highly appreciable. Thanks in advance

pohan likes this

Currently I am running with Vx=1; vy=0; vz=0. 

If the fiber axis are not loaded parallel to one of the fibers then local skew would help me, but i'm a bit curious with other conditions as 

vx=0 ; vy=1; vz=0

vx=1; vy=1;vz=0

Attached are the images, where axis 1 & 2 define the fiber direction 1 & 2 respectively and L is the loading direction. So I would assume these values

case1: vx=1; vy=0; vz=0 ( or should it be vx=0; vy=1;vz=0)

phii = 0; alphai =90

case2: vx=1; vy=1; vz=0 with phii=0

or is it something different?

I am sorry if I am totally wrong, because I am a bit confused even though reading the manual.

p1.JPG

p2.JPG

Hi Ushay,

As you told for reference vector if we assign Vx=1 and Vy=Vz=0, the direction of fiber is aligned with global X-axis.

If Vx=Vy=1 and Vz=0 is provided it will take the resultant vector.

It's always recommended to create a local skew and assign the same for different orientation.