• Announcements

• Rahul Ponginan

Please click here for a short but important announcement   03/26/17

Dear Users Our Commercial and Academic users around the world can use these same forums here as before i.e. the Altair Support Forum , Commercial users from India with solver queries can go to the Solver Forum for India Commercial Users , Academic Users from India and AOC India Participants are requested to go to the Forum for India Academic Users and AOC India Participants , We will be tending to all queries in all the forums promptly as before, thank you for your understanding. 
zaitul

Stiffness increase more than yield strength after optimization

Hello,

i have problem when optimization process done. i run analysis on the optimized design and the maximum von mises is more than yield  strength. why it is possible to optimize in that shape if the von mises is more than yield strength of material?

optimized design.JPG

original design.JPG

What design constraints and objective you have in your model?You can use shape explorer slider to add more material and then again perform analysis for optimized shape.

For now i would suggest you to work on modelling part.Please apply load on connector instead of applying load on pin surface.(After optimization 3 loadcase are getting deleted)

In partition 6 and 8 part you can have a though out cut.(Current model has very thin region after partition 6 & 8 part)

Apply force via connector on pin.JPG

try to have through out cut as non design.JPG

sorry, i have  another question, why the mass of the part became 0 kg? i ran 20% volume and 30 %. when i want to ran 40 % the mass became zero. it is because of the partition?? 

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

i have change all the setting base on what you have suggested. however my optimized result  still have the same value of von mises. the optimized design violate the yield strength of material. can you take a look. 

BRACKET.stmod

Hello,

I tried and re run your optimization. 

I can see that you have applied one load on Design Space. This is ok for Optimization.

But when it comes to the analysis part after this some load cases may get ignored and this would affect the results.

I advice you to apply all loads on Non Design Spaces.

image.png.aaa0e6c2f2c1b5b50669ca0b6506620c.png

Thankyou

thank you mr sanjay. How about this? i apply all the loads on the non design space but still the same. i already separate between design and non design space. really need help.

Hello,

Here are some suggestions which may help:

1. Please apply all the loads to Non Design spaces as then only you will get accurate results and it is better to not apply loads on the Design Spaces if you are running an optimization.

2. If there are too many constraints it may give results ignoring the Stress Constraints. So i suggest you to increase the Mass targets from 30% to a higher value so that Inspire can then take regard of the Stress Constraints.

3. Also try the option of giving a Total Mass target instead of "% of Total Design Space Volume" Constraint if the mass of the optimized part is critical to you.

Thankyou

Hello,

Please try with the following constraints:

Mass target: "% of Total Design Space" to 40%

Slider on the following setting

image.png.224954e5da9157201bb26cc7c54401a4.png

I ran with these settings and i am getting good results

Thankyou