• Announcements

• Rahul Ponginan

Please click here for a short but important announcement   03/26/17

Dear Users Our Commercial and Academic users around the world can use these same forums here as before i.e. the Altair Support Forum , Commercial users from India with solver queries can go to the Solver Forum for India Commercial Users , Academic Users from India and AOC India Participants are requested to go to the Forum for India Academic Users and AOC India Participants , We will be tending to all queries in all the forums promptly as before, thank you for your understanding. 
    • Rahul Ponginan

ユーザーフォーラムについて   10/22/17

アルテアエンジニアリングでは、弊社製品や技術について、ユーザー様同士がオンラインで情報交換できる場所を提供しています。 日常業務の中で起こるさまざまな問題の解決や、他ユーザー様との技術交流を図るための場として、お客様の環境に合わせてご活用ください。
Karthic

NLOAD1 for GRAV

Hi,

I am trying to combine the load and gravity for NLGEOM case.

I could not reference the GRAV in nload1 ? why  so 

But the Help states that

If a GRAV Bulk Data Entry is referenced in the EXCITEID field, the TYPE field should be set to LOAD.

On Wednesday, November 19, 2014 at 1:55 PM, Rahul Ponginan said:

cae_1_rfh,

Your initial set up was correct. You cannot use dload to combine gravity load with spc or spcd.

When you give enforced displacement within the spc itself and refer grav in the LOAD card, you are in fact combining enforced displacement and spc. This is what you have done, these results if they do not agree with your experiment/calculation etc it is perhaps due to a different discrepancy while modelling.

When you need to use nload it should be as in this attached deck

you will be creating an nload 1 for grav (you can give a time function here if necessary, using tabled1)
another nload 1 for spcd (if you are defining enforced displacement via spcd)
combine these nload 1 cards in an nload and refer this nload in the nload filed of your nlgeom loadstep

Capture.PNG

Hi Prakash,

Thank you....

I am trying Geom-nonlinear in Optistruct.

Please guide me in solving the Non-convergent nonlinear iterations

RADIOSS IMPLICIT STOPPED DUE TO TIMESTEP LIMIT **

ISTOP=-2

I am using follower force, my aim is to estimate the force required to rotate the cam by 32 degree.while other end of the cam is pivoted(Rz free).  Please have a look at my model attached to link.

Hi Prakash,

Is it possible to give Tabled1 load(0-100N) in NLSTAT ?

Is there any option to delete/remove the specified element from the model (say spring, beam) once the run have started its convergence ?

Hi Prakash,

you mean Analysis type- NLSTAT with Subcase options, type - Transient non linear ?

But i don't find such a subcase option for NLSTAT.

Also i need to know

Is there any option to delete/remove the specified element from the model (say spring, beam) once the run have started its convergence ?

Hi Prakash,

Is FLLWER card must for follower force ?

Follower force is currently only supported for large-displacement nonlinear static analysis subcases ??

can i specify follower load  for NLGEOM ?

Hi Prakash,

In NLSTAT i find option to call the FLLWER card. ( Encircled in the attached image)

But in NLGEOM i dont find the option to call the FLLWER load card ? even then will NLGEOM support follower load ?

Capture.PNG

Hi Prakash,

Ya i gone through it, my run is working fine with NLSTAT.

But in NLGEOM run contact is working, but i have  Non-convergent nonlinear iterations

RADIOSS IMPLICIT STOPPED DUE TO TIMESTEP LIMIT **

ISTOP=-2

Any updates from your side regarding the NLGEOM model that i shared ?

Thank you for the support.

annimation.avi

Karthik,

As I said earlier, there is an issue with load conversion. I cannot see the load/enforced load in the RAD files. This is happening while converting in the back ground. 

So did you use NLSTAT (LGDISP) with follower load?