• Announcements

• Rahul Ponginan

Please click here for a short but important announcement   03/26/17

Dear Users Our Commercial and Academic users around the world can use these same forums here as before i.e. the Altair Support Forum , Commercial users from India with solver queries can go to the Solver Forum for India Commercial Users , Academic Users from India and AOC India Participants are requested to go to the Forum for India Academic Users and AOC India Participants , We will be tending to all queries in all the forums promptly as before, thank you for your understanding. 
Nachiket Kadu

Modelling FE joints for in Optistruct.

Question

Hello,

I need to model FE joints instead of RBE elements at bolts location. RBE element incorporate added stiffness to the structure, for which excited frequency will be at higher side as compared tor realtime frequency. Can u please help me with procedure to model FE joints.

Regards

5 answers to this question

Hi Vikas,

Yes, I am working on 2017.2. I haven't worked with joints yet, but the fact is whenever i give rigids for modelling bolts, Excitation frequency (Particularly for FRF) observed is a little bit on higher side as compared to experimental results. I need to model bolts using FE joints, if possible kindly guide me through.

Regards

Hi Nachiket,

Generally RBE2 add stiffness to the structure it is connected to but not the RBE3's

The FE joints available in OS currently support only Nonlinear Quasi-Static (NLSTAT) load cases. It is not supported for Modes / FRF yet.

Attached is a sample deck to model FE joints in OS

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Vikas

slider_crank_modes.fem