• Announcements

• Rahul Ponginan

Please click here for a short but important announcement   03/26/17

Dear Users Our Commercial and Academic users around the world can use these same forums here as before i.e. the Altair Support Forum , Commercial users from India with solver queries can go to the Solver Forum for India Commercial Users , Academic Users from India and AOC India Participants are requested to go to the Forum for India Academic Users and AOC India Participants , We will be tending to all queries in all the forums promptly as before, thank you for your understanding. 
thomaspage

License error 9

Hello, I have a HyperWorks workshop tomorrow and need to have this figured out ASAP. I requested a license last night, and got it this morning, however, I am receiving this error when I try to open the program. From what I can see, it is an issue with the Ethernet Host ID. When I applied for the license, I stupidly put in my global IP because my computer doesn't have an ethernet port and I wasn't sure what it was looking for. I have seen in other forums that people without an ethernet port are able to use their Wireless LAN adapter MAC and it still works. I have since gotten the correct MAC address by using the getmac and ipconfig -all commands. Am I able to just replace this number wherever ETHERNET shows up in the .dat file, or do I need to apply for a new license? I tried this already and I still get the same error, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Capture.PNG