• Announcements

• Rahul Ponginan

Please click here for a short but important announcement   03/26/17

Dear Users Our Commercial and Academic users around the world can use these same forums here as before i.e. the Altair Support Forum , Commercial users from India with solver queries can go to the Solver Forum for India Commercial Users , Academic Users from India and AOC India Participants are requested to go to the Forum for India Academic Users and AOC India Participants , We will be tending to all queries in all the forums promptly as before, thank you for your understanding. 
    • Rahul Ponginan

ユーザーフォーラムについて   10/22/17

アルテアエンジニアリングでは、弊社製品や技術について、ユーザー様同士がオンラインで情報交換できる場所を提供しています。 日常業務の中で起こるさまざまな問題の解決や、他ユーザー様との技術交流を図るための場として、お客様の環境に合わせてご活用ください。
Pratheeksha

issue regarding to embed software

Dear sir/ madam,

I am Pratheeksha  working as embedded engineer TenetTechnetronics( Banglore).I am currently exploring embed and I have got C2000 piccolo launchpad  from TI and I was trying to run a simple BLINK code. However, when I tried to compile and download , I got these two errors below. 

I have  installed CSS version 6.2 and my embed version is the 2017.1.

Please find the above attached doccuments regarding to the problem that i have faced and please rectify the above issue.

embed error.docx

Hi Pratheeksha,

The sT Embed compiler is unable to find C2000 driver installation path. Its very simple to rectify the above said problem. Please follow the steps mentioned below for solving the issue.

Step 1: Go to CCS installation folder and find C2000 compiler path, usually you will find the path as "C:\ti\ccsv6\tools\compiler\c6000_7.4.12". Copy this path without quotes. See below image for more info

CCS.PNG.603374c4ed60c2ef4e610d28176a06ac.PNG

Step 2: Go to sT Embed installation folder and find the "cg folder", usually the path is "C:\sTEmbed2017\cg". Search for "dosrun28.bat" file. See below image for more info.

59eeedc95e980_Cgfolder.thumb.PNG.8816f93ae948f14d08e481b2fd206073.PNG

Step 3: Paste the above mentioned CCS C2000 compiler path in that batch file under "set CG5DIR=". Save and close the batch file. See below image for more info. 

dos28.thumb.PNG.7cff5fe12b09f8b0b751729daab66a74.PNG

Now you can run sT Embed without any errors. If you still find difficulty.  Post it here.

Thanks & Regards

Athieshkumar T - The Great

Hi Pratheeksha,

The download error is due to two reasons.

Reason 1: Check two CTS switches in your launchpad named CTS and CTS 204-3 (bootable mode). Both the swithches are in ON position i.e.,  UP (near to 204-211 and 1, 2, 3). Check for Blue colored marking.

F28027.PNG.48acec169932267bfa40cdcd870e7370.PNG

Reason 2: Check Clock source in F28027 configuration block, it should be Internal Oscillator 1. If it is external oscillator/external crystal. change it won't work. Check Blue colored box.

Clock.PNG.d328f0288b9ece62c59e2596add184c3.PNG

Reason 3: Check Target in Tools --> Code Gen --> Code Generation properties as "F280x" and if it is there, the system automatically takes Subtarget as "F28027"

Codegen.PNG.f376f7c4bae348bfcd1a0bcdcdaa10ce.PNG

If you still find difficulty.  Post it here.

Thanks & Regards

Athieshkumar T - The Great