• Announcements

• Rahul Ponginan

Please click here for a short but important announcement   03/26/17

Dear Users Our Commercial and Academic users around the world can use these same forums here as before i.e. the Altair Support Forum , Commercial users from India with solver queries can go to the Solver Forum for India Commercial Users , Academic Users from India and AOC India Participants are requested to go to the Forum for India Academic Users and AOC India Participants , We will be tending to all queries in all the forums promptly as before, thank you for your understanding. 
Mike30

topology optimization with multiple load cases

Dear all,

I am running a topology optimization, but I want to consider multiple load cases at once and not each one separately.

Is that possible? How can I insert all the load cases (five) and only solve one optimization considering all of them?

Thank you in advance

Thank you!!

So I create the response "weighted compliance" and, in my case of 5 load cases of equivalent importance, I set each weighting factor to 0.2, correct?

And then as usual in the objective I set minimize the weighted compliance, correct?

Thank you!

Mike,

See the equation below for WC, where W is the weight factor. 

If your weight factor is 0.2, the compliance considered for load case1 for example will be 0.2 times of actual compliance. 

wCOMP.PNG