• Announcements

• Rahul Ponginan

Please click here for a short but important announcement   03/26/17

Dear Users Our Commercial and Academic users around the world can use these same forums here as before i.e. the Altair Support Forum , Commercial users from India with solver queries can go to the Solver Forum for India Commercial Users , Academic Users from India and AOC India Participants are requested to go to the Forum for India Academic Users and AOC India Participants , We will be tending to all queries in all the forums promptly as before, thank you for your understanding. 
frzti

Topology optimization error

Hi All

I am getting this error in topology optimization data check :

Card "WEIGHT" is not allowed for this subcase type

It's a 3D Solid problem with Wcomp and Volfrac, minimizing Wcomp and 0.3 Volfrac

It's a static analysis with PSOLID elements topology optimization. I followed the steps of a youtube video, but the model is not this one. maybe more non linear geometry. But I need to know what does the error indicate

It is one load case, static, applied to nodes on a line.what was not clear for me was the error text, what does subcase mean ?

I don't have the access to file to share it now

what do you mean by load weight ?

also , does compliance that I see in theory differ from weighted compliance?

So you mean to remove the Volfrac variable?

Load weight is the weight factor on applied load.

weighted compliance applies a weight factor on loadsteps. This will change the compliance. 

Retain the volfrac and use compliance instead of Wcomp if you don't want to increase compliance by a factor. 

Thank you very much. Is there any article that I can read about compliance and weighted compliance ?

also , why is the contact definition in optistruct so generalistic ? without allowing me to choose the contact surfaces?

CONTACT        1     0.3                    NORM

Right now you can refer to help which has a little information abou compliance and weighted compliance.

Contact will allow you to choose contact surfaces as well. Make sure you choose CSurf as selector type. 

contact surface.PNG

frzti likes this