• Announcements

• Rahul Ponginan

Please click here for a short but important announcement   03/26/17

Dear Users Our Commercial and Academic users around the world can use these same forums here as before i.e. the Altair Support Forum , Commercial users from India with solver queries can go to the Solver Forum for India Commercial Users , Academic Users from India and AOC India Participants are requested to go to the Forum for India Academic Users and AOC India Participants , We will be tending to all queries in all the forums promptly as before, thank you for your understanding. 
Karthic

Dynamic Analysis

Hi,

I need to know how to perform dynamic analysis.

As shown in image the hinged flap should open in a time of 1 sec and come to rest immediately after opening , the velocity of 40 mm/s to be given to the butterfly bracket for a time of 1 sec ( which makes the flop to open in 1 sec).

I need to study the dynamic effect due to sudden acceleration & deceleration of flap during start and stop.

Please help me how to do this in optistruct

Capture1.PNG

Capture-2.PNG

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for the reply.

I went through the help stating that nonlinear static will not take inertia and momentum, But nonlinear transient will take momentum and inertia into consideration.

If so,  Is it possible to solve the  above with nonlinear transient case?

Please let me know whether I am correct

Capture-2.thumb.PNG.4d53c4245f8234acabcbf511d972d820.PNG

Hi Rahul Rajan,

I tried a simple case for nonlinear transient and its considering the dynamic effects as told in help

I still wonder how come a nonlinear transient analysis takes dynamics(inertia / momentum) into consideration but the simple direct transient does not ?

If non-linearity(Contact/ Geometric/ material )  is the difference between those two cases, how do they vary dynamically

Please help me know the reason for it.

Thank you