• Announcements

• Rahul Ponginan

Please click here for a short but important announcement   03/26/17

Dear Users Our Commercial and Academic users around the world can use these same forums here as before i.e. the Altair Support Forum , Commercial users from India with solver queries can go to the Solver Forum for India Commercial Users , Academic Users from India and AOC India Participants are requested to go to the Forum for India Academic Users and AOC India Participants , We will be tending to all queries in all the forums promptly as before, thank you for your understanding. 
Nachiket Kadu

8030 Memory expansion failed

Hi

While running a nonlinear quasistatic solution i am getting an  error as mentioned below.

*** ERROR # 8030 ***
 Request for more memory failed with data block name: tempforexpansion.
  EXCEEDED AVAILABLE SYSTEM MEMORY. Dynamic memory allocation failure.
  It is possible that fixed memory run may succeed (option fixlen=X).
 ****  Error 8030 in datamr() during "expand" operation.

Data block name "renldata".

Current memory allocation  9567 MB,
    Unused memory              2112 MB,
    Number of blocks: 157 used, 1 free.

Expanding from 7059 MB to 112984 MB

Need at least 105924 MB free (103812 MB more than allocated).

This much of ram is very high . Element counts is around 30Lakhs and rigid elements are around 431. The rigids are used as weld elements here.

Hi

I already went through that post. Please check the requirement of space which is way more higher as compared to number of elements.  "Need at least 105924 MB free (103812 MB more than allocated)". Can there be any other reasons??

Thanks

Hi

Tried it in another system with same system configuration, the solution is running. I am using 14.0 version. Sorry cant share the file. I do have 2017 i l try it. But thing i am worried about is the memory requirement which is showing beyond 103812 MB which is quiet high. what solver setting changes i need to make in previous system.

Regards