• Announcements

• Rahul Ponginan

Please click here for a short but important announcement   03/26/17

Dear Users Our Commercial and Academic users around the world can use these same forums here as before i.e. the Altair Support Forum , Commercial users from India with solver queries can go to the Solver Forum for India Commercial Users , Academic Users from India and AOC India Participants are requested to go to the Forum for India Academic Users and AOC India Participants , We will be tending to all queries in all the forums promptly as before, thank you for your understanding. 
gtn

Image Crashed after simulation

Question

Hi everyone,

I am buiding a model from a Solid component, so I created a tetramesh and a PSolid property (see picture 3).

The simulations goes well, but when I try to open it then I get the other two pictures when I display anything and then when I apply the contour.

Something I discover is that I have different components in the model, so when I apply the forces to the different components they start to dissapear, until I apply the force to all of them so this happens.

I dont know if the problem is from the set up o from HyperView, but could be both.

Any idea about this?

Thank you beforehand

Guillermo

3.PNG

2.PNG

Captura.PNG

5 answers to this question

Is your model being constrained?Did you check the mass of the model after assigning material property?If possible share model to check same at our end.

Hi Rahul,

I measured it but the mass is really low, 1 gram...

Do you know whay is that happening?

I attach you the model.

Thank you beforehand,

Guillermo

4.PNG

2.hm

Hi @gtn

Density in material is in tonnes/mm3 correct?

Which makes the mass of the component to 1.17 Kgs. 

If the above is correct, can you check the loads(magnitude) and other boundary conditions?

On 7/21/2017 at 5:43 AM, Prakash Pagadala said:

Hi @gtn

Density in material is in tonnes/mm3 correct?

Which makes the mass of the component to 1.17 Kgs. 

If the above is correct, can you check the loads(magnitude) and other boundary conditions?

This is completely right! I missed that, I always mess with the units conversion. But what is true is that I kept a relation between forces, so everything is in the same scale. 

The forces that I have input are in N, so they are correct, therefore I dont know what I am doing wrong. 

If somebody could check the model I would appreciate that. 

Find attached the file.

2.hm

You don't have mesh connectivity in the model. Please ensure mesh connectivity, then run the analysis.

No mesh connectivity.JPG