• Announcements

• Rahul Ponginan

Please click here for a short but important announcement   03/26/17

Dear Users Our Commercial and Academic users around the world can use these same forums here as before i.e. the Altair Support Forum , Commercial users from India with solver queries can go to the Solver Forum for India Commercial Users , Academic Users from India and AOC India Participants are requested to go to the Forum for India Academic Users and AOC India Participants , We will be tending to all queries in all the forums promptly as before, thank you for your understanding. 

Hello,

I am working on my bachelorthesis right now. At my university we use "LMS VirtualLab", which works fine with the Altair PUNCH-File format. In order to get my final results I need to imitate the .pch-file format after doing a fft in Matlab on my results (which were calculated by RecurDyn). I achieved to get a file format that looks exactly the same as the one that can be written from HyperWorks. Still it does only work with LMS VirtualLab if I open it in "Notepad++" and save it with a different name, without changing anything else. I defined it already to be UTF-8, but it did not solve my Problem. Can anybody tell me what I fail to see? Both files are attached: punch.pch is the file which is not working, punch2.pch is the working one.

Kind regards

Konstantin Heiss

punch.pch

punch2.pch

Hyperworks can export a working file format. Thats why I asked here. I wanted to know if somebody knows, what the difference between my files and the format exported from Hyperworks, cause I can't find any.