• Announcements

• Rahul Ponginan

Please click here for a short but important announcement   03/26/17

Dear Users Our Commercial and Academic users around the world can use these same forums here as before i.e. the Altair Support Forum , Commercial users from India with solver queries can go to the Solver Forum for India Commercial Users , Academic Users from India and AOC India Participants are requested to go to the Forum for India Academic Users and AOC India Participants , We will be tending to all queries in all the forums promptly as before, thank you for your understanding. 
    • Gitesh Porwal

MotionView MotionSolve Class room Training   04/24/17

Training Announcement:   MotionView MotionSolve Class room Training, Please register @ http://www.altair-india.com/training/schedule/?prod=&city=4 http://www.altair-india.com/training/training-register/TB9uo2hsJYX.4I9IrFDkjXAUI8gbV1~PoKa5fm8qlOEMzYMNPlii8QSLZn1vHNIq7Palptyzv1pSy1FUg0eFRw--   Training Agenda:   MotionView/MotionSolve Introduction   This is an introductory course for using MotionView for constructing, solving and post-processing multi-body dynamic (MBD) models.  Class Format 2 days Instructor led Hands-on exercises
        Prerequisites Understanding of MBD concepts
        Topics – Day 1 Become familiar with the MotionView graphical user interface Pre-processing Interactive model building Automatic model building using assembly and task wizards Model setup for various solvers such as ADAMS and ABAQUS Model editing and checking Model format; Altair’s Model Definition Language Submit input files to MotionSolve and adjust solver parameters Post-processing Animate transient and modal results Build and edit curves Construct and use pre-defined plot macros Create report templates to automate post-processing Create result reports with HTML, Hyper3D, JPEG, and AVI files Visualize and share CAE results over the Internet using the freely available Altair HyperView Player. Perform linear analysis on MBD models using MotionSolve Linear Access Altair® HyperStudy from MotionView to do optimization and design of experiments on an MBD model Theory of flexible bodies and Component Mode Synthesis Creating flexible bodies from finite element models using Altair OptiStruct Integrating flexible bodies for ADAMS into MBD models Post-processing of flexible bodies
        Stress and fatigue contours Section cuts Measuring and plotting data Modeling practices Setting-up model to capture non-linear deformations What to keep in mind regarding connectivity between bodies Modal analysis using MotionSolve Linear Integrate ABAQUS substructures into MBD models Fatigue pre-processing       Regards, Gitesh Porwal     MotionView_14.0_Tutorials.pdf MotionView_14.0_User_Guide.pdf

Question

I am doing MV-1010-contact simulation tutorial of geneva model. When i checked the final model the page prompted an error in the model as:

"Error:   Contact Crank_to_slotted under Model from HM references one or
              more graphics that contain free edges, i.e. the geometry is not
              closed, or T connections.   The graphic(s) in question are: Crank,
              Slotted Disk.                                                     
              Open shell graphics or graphics with T connections are not allowed
              in contact simulations.  "

I think i need to delete or merge free edges, but i don't know the procedure for doing that. Please help me in solving this issue?

PFA the model file 

1 answer to this question

Hello Abhishek

when you are doing contact simulation in MotionView you should have properly meshed model

so Use Hypermesh to mesh it properly then go to tools>Edges> Check for free edges and T connection

If you found Free edges or T connection you have to remove it. Your geometry should be completely closed

Free edges.JPG