• Announcements

• Rahul Ponginan

Please click here for a short but important announcement   03/26/17

Dear Users Our Commercial and Academic users around the world can use these same forums here as before i.e. the Altair Support Forum , Commercial users from India with solver queries can go to the Solver Forum for India Commercial Users , Academic Users from India and AOC India Participants are requested to go to the Forum for India Academic Users and AOC India Participants , We will be tending to all queries in all the forums promptly as before, thank you for your understanding. 
Sign in to follow this  
sonu kumar

HOW TO FIND INTERNAL FREE EDGES IN HYPERMESH BY MACRO

Hi everyone,

I have been trying lately to develop a macro to isolate or show internal free edges in a model. Lets say, i am modelling a surface with free edges, after modelling some components ( say 20-30), i would like to check if there are internal free edges or gaps within element in my models ( pls note, not the outside boundary free edges). There is ofcourse , shift+f3 function to check and it requires observing for ourselves. Is there a macro that can isolate the internal free edges as such. Like in FE Gate software, it shows the internal free edges. is it possible in hypermesh?

Thanks for answering in advance.

Hi.

Interior free edges will be closed to other elems so they can be detected by penetration/proximity checking.

hi tinh and johson, thank you for your response

However, i was more looking at an automated script for internal free edges alone. the script that you refer to is equivalent to the shift+f3 function when performed to the displayed functions. and tinh, intersections sometimes fail to show internal edges bcz, the internal elements may not be connected at all.

Is there an more accurate solution. I wish i could show you , how it works in FE Gate, there is a function itself called internal free edges that isolates only free edges within the components excluding the boundary edges.

May be my explaination to the question helped you understand my question.

thanks again in advance for the answers