• Announcements

• Rahul Ponginan

Please click here for a short but important announcement   03/26/17

Dear Users Our Commercial and Academic users around the world can use these same forums here as before i.e. the Altair Support Forum , Commercial users from India with solver queries can go to the Solver Forum for India Commercial Users , Academic Users from India and AOC India Participants are requested to go to the Forum for India Academic Users and AOC India Participants , We will be tending to all queries in all the forums promptly as before, thank you for your understanding. 
Ahanvoth

Analysis of Thickness vs. Displacement

Question

Hello,

I'm currently attempting to do a study in which I created a simple square mesh. A pressure is applied perpendicular to the entire surface and the geometry is constrained along two parallel edges of the square. I'd like to observe the change in element displacement as the thickness varies. Is there any way to do this by parameterizing the thickness within the PSHELL component? I have attached an image of the setup to clarify.

Capture.PNG

3 answers to this question

8 hours ago, Prakash Pagadala said:

Hi,

You can do a gauge optimization with minimum and maximum thickness.

here is a sample file.

size_s1.h3d

size_des.h3d

size.fem

What do I do with these file types? 

@Ahanvoth

The attached model is simple plate (5mm) with pressure applied. I have included gauge optimization in the model which varies thickness from 5mm to 0.1mm.

The attached h3d files have thickness variations and displacement results. You can study the results for corresponding change in thickness.