• Announcements

• Rahul Ponginan

Please click here for a short but important announcement   03/26/17

Dear Users Our Commercial and Academic users around the world can use these same forums here as before i.e. the Altair Support Forum , Commercial users from India with solver queries can go to the Solver Forum for India Commercial Users , Academic Users from India and AOC India Participants are requested to go to the Forum for India Academic Users and AOC India Participants , We will be tending to all queries in all the forums promptly as before, thank you for your understanding. 
Afzal

check element quality

Question

In my model, during analysis, I got an error that " errors during element quality check". I got more failed elements. I am unable to rectify it. Please help me to solve this model.

1 answer to this question

Dear Afzal,

You there are 2-3 ways to solve this Meshing Quality Criteria -

1. Refer the Manual Quality improvisation methods 

Tools > Check elem > Select respective quality Criteria 

Save Failed > Mask > Elements Retrieve >  Mask > Reverse 

Shift + F2 ( Add nodes ) & rectify them.

This method have been explained in "3-Meshing Video" you can use the similar process for 2D shell elements too.

2. Refer to QI Mesh Creation Methods

PFA document which will help you to generate QI Mesh generation.

3. One more method is there. It is ok, if  you are running it base run to know the behavior of your model. But we do not recommend for final run. ( You need to have reasonable Mesh Quality to start the run skipping element Criteria Check )

Analysis > Control Cards > Param  > Mark "CHECKEL" > say "NO"  ( This will start the run without referring to Quality Criteria, but reasonable mesh quality should be present  ) 

Image 1.jpg

18_QI Mesh Creation.zip