• Announcements

• Rahul Ponginan

Please click here for a short but important announcement   03/26/17

Dear Users Our Commercial and Academic users around the world can use these same forums here as before i.e. the Altair Support Forum , Commercial users from India with solver queries can go to the Solver Forum for India Commercial Users , Academic Users from India and AOC India Participants are requested to go to the Forum for India Academic Users and AOC India Participants , We will be tending to all queries in all the forums promptly as before, thank you for your understanding. 

Hi Support team,

I have one doubt about symmetric function. 
I have a 90 deg sector of a geometry and use the "Symmetry" option in AFDEX by defining the planes of symmetry.

Now in the post-processing, will AFDEX calculate the results for the whole model or only for this sector?

Thanks in advance.

Vivi :)

Hello Vivi,

Thanks for your question.

If you have used the "Symmetry" option, don't worry. AFDEX will automatically calculate the results for the whole model.

Just make sure that you define the planes of symmetry correctly. ;)

So let's say you have a model like this below.

Setup.png

You will be tempted to utilize the rotational symmetry right? Why not? Define the planes of symmetry by double clicking "Symm_Plane(0)" command in the project window and select the respective planes. The number in the brackets represent the number of defined symmetry planes.

And when you have completed the simulation, you can visualize the whole model using the "Mirror" command. The picture given below would give you more clarity. The region "Analyzed" represents the 22.5 degree sector of the whole model used for simulation.

1.png

Hope you got the point.

A quick one-picture tutorial for using the "Symmetry" command in AFDEX. :)

Capture.PNG

Cheers from AFDEX Support Team!