• Announcements

• Rahul Ponginan

Please click here for a short but important announcement   03/26/17

Dear Users Our Commercial and Academic users around the world can use these same forums here as before i.e. the Altair Support Forum , Commercial users from India with solver queries can go to the Solver Forum for India Commercial Users , Academic Users from India and AOC India Participants are requested to go to the Forum for India Academic Users and AOC India Participants , We will be tending to all queries in all the forums promptly as before, thank you for your understanding. 
    • Rahul Ponginan

ユーザーフォーラムについて   10/22/17

アルテアエンジニアリングでは、弊社製品や技術について、ユーザー様同士がオンラインで情報交換できる場所を提供しています。 日常業務の中で起こるさまざまな問題の解決や、他ユーザー様との技術交流を図るための場として、お客様の環境に合わせてご活用ください。
Sign in to follow this  
yogeshnand

how interface ultrasonic sensor with msp430g2553

hi sir/mam,

i want interface ultrasonic sensor with msp430g2553, i have tried in many ways but  i  am not getting output .i checked the output on cro when object in front of it and i got the output, but i want to calculate the time  elapsed between in transmission and reception on echo pulse . so that i can calculte the dostance , but the main problem how to calculate the time . how to use the TAR and TACCTL0 for distance calculation , please help me i am sticking at this point , please help me .

i have attached my program .

thanks

n3.vsm

i tried some other way but still i do not get output. when the there is echo i start  reading the timer . and stop when the echo is on falling edge.

below i attached the program

n3.vsm

Yogesh, what distances are you trying to measure? It affects the data rate of the timer as it can only hold 16 bits.

The attached should measure up to 34 meters with .5 mm accuracy. I assume pin functions as follows:

Pin Functions
P1.1 - send usonic pulse out
P1.2 - read return pulse
P1.0 - set high when distance > 40cm

Pete

pulseMeasurement.vsm