• Announcements

• Gitesh Porwal

Call For Abstracts - 2017 India Altair Technology Conference   03/22/17

2017 India Altair Technology Conference
      CALL FOR ABSTRACTS Altair India is now accepting abstracts for paper presentations at the 2017 India Altair Technology Conference to be held on August 1-2, 2017 at Chennai. Customer papers will need to illustrate usage of Altair Solutions - HyperWorks, PBS Works and Process Automation to address advancements in the following subject areas: ·         Advanced FE Modeling practices for increased Productivity and Quality in different domains viz; Crash, Durability, NVH, Powertrain and CFD ·         FEA, MBD, CFD Solver & Multiphysics (OptiStruct, AcuSolve, RADIOSS, MotionSolve) ·         Engineering Process Automation for Virtual Validation (HyperWorks Process Manager) ·         Structural Design Optimisation (OptiStruct, HyperStudy) ·         Concept Design Optimisation (Inspire) ·         Composites (MDS) ·         Computational Electromagnetic Simulation & IOT (FEKO, Flux, Winprop) ·         Math and System simulation (Compose, Activate, Embed) ·         Simulation Cloud Data Management ·         Enterprise Computing - HPC - High Performance Computing (PBSWorks, Compute Manager, Display Manager etc.) Don't miss the opportunity to submit your abstract
      Submit your Abstract   Last date for receiving the abstracts is 14 April, 2017 E-mail abstracts as per the defined template to iatc@altair.com or submit online

For information on previous conferences visit altairatc.com/india

This email was sent to everybody@india.altair.com
      why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
      Altair India · 5 th Floor, Prestige Tech Park, Sarjapur Marathahalli Outer Ring Road · Bangalore 560103 · India
sudhanana

Fatigue optimization

Question

i am doing fatigue based optimization on automobile component can any one help me? what is is the procedure for that.

16 answers to this question

You can refer below tutorial of Optistruct.

OS-5070: Fatigue Optimization of a Torque Control Arm

thanks rahul can i drop the simulation dec for you reference and idea?

if possible attach that tutorial pdf for my reference if possible

I got that tutorial but that is free shape optimization.but i want to perform topology based optimization. how to perform it.

Hi Sudhanana,

What is your design objective and constraints. Maybe we can help you with if you provide the details.

thanks praksh . i send my .fem file to u go through and get back.

Hi Sudhanana,

I think your optimization setup is correct, Maybe you should need to play with the life/damage numbers to make it a feasible design.

The user can put a fatigue constraint on either life or damage tolerances. The user defines a minimum value (lower bound) in terms of Fatigue Life while a maximum value (Upper Bound) in terms of Damage.

I cant understand the steps .could you set the condition and send back my mail 

I followed some steps what ever you told but i am getting some errors in card definition.please check and tell.i transferring my .fem file for you reference. 

Hi Sudhanana,

Your first deck is correct, You need to add fatigue constraint in DPTL card and not as a seperate response. 

Hi Sudhanana,

DTPL card is the topology information card. You can input Fatigue constraints on DTPL through Topology>> Parameters>> Fatigue Constraints as shown in the image.

FatigueConstraint.PNG

I send my H3D file to u  i am not getting any optimized shape, what is the reason? .i created two responses that is life and volume.it is necessary ? but objective is minimize the volume . give your suggestions.

Hi Sudhanana,

I did not received any file. But you can limit a constraint on volume fraction and use objective fuction as life to get a concept design