• Announcements

• Rahul Ponginan

Please click here for a short but important announcement   03/26/17

Dear Users Our Commercial and Academic users around the world can use these same forums here as before i.e. the Altair Support Forum , Commercial users from India with solver queries can go to the Solver Forum for India Commercial Users , Academic Users from India and AOC India Participants are requested to go to the Forum for India Academic Users and AOC India Participants , We will be tending to all queries in all the forums promptly as before, thank you for your understanding. 
    • Rahul Ponginan

ユーザーフォーラムについて   10/22/17

アルテアエンジニアリングでは、弊社製品や技術について、ユーザー様同士がオンラインで情報交換できる場所を提供しています。 日常業務の中で起こるさまざまな問題の解決や、他ユーザー様との技術交流を図るための場として、お客様の環境に合わせてご活用ください。
    • Rahul Ponginan

Introduction to Explicit Analysis using RADIOSS.   11/02/17

We are excited to announce the release of updated RADIOSS ebook, Introduction to Explicit Analysis using RADIOSS. We have added new tutorials, more FAQ's....etc with more topics covered. This study guide aims to provide a good introduction into the exciting and challenging world of explicit Finite Element Analysis.
      You can download the updated RADIOSS ebook here: Introduction to Explicit Analysis using RADIOSS                                                           
Sanket27

Composites in RADIOSS

Hello Friends,

I am trying to analyze impact case with RADIOSS as a solver. For creating material (Carbon Fibre Composite) I used M25_COMPSH as a card image. After that for a creation of property, initially, I used P10_SH_COMP as a card image and finally I applied both property and material to a component. After that, I created plies(without having any core material) of the same material(Carbon Fibre Composite). And when I am trying to visualize plies on the component, I am not getting anything.

But if I am changing the property to P17_STACK, I can visualize plies on the component. So, I kept card image for the property as P17_STACK and proceeded with my work. After setting up the complete environment for simulation, when I am running my task in RADIOSS,it gives me error list, which I am attaching with this question.

So, could you guys help me to solve the errors?

Thank You for your help

ERROR__1.png

ERROR_2.jpg

Hi Sanket,

The stack property (/PROP/TYPE17) is used in combination with /PROP/PLY (/PROP/TYPE19) to create composites properties through the ply-based definition. Please recheck the property card created. Please search the Help Menu about this property for the material compatibility also.

Hello George,

Thank You for replying once again. 

As per you said, I used stack property (/PROP/TYPE17) in combination with /PROP/PLY (/PROP/TYPE19) and check material compatibility, but it still showing errors.

Therefore I am sharing  .hm file. So,could you please have a look, where I did mistake?

Thanks

crashhhh.hm

Hi,

In radioss, when I use M25_COMPSH for material and TYPE19 for PLY and TYPE 17 for STACK, analysis is running and in results I can see the stress on each ply.  there is one option for visualization of composite layers with fibre orientation, it is not working.

When I use the method, PROPERTIES___CREATE___PLIES and PROPERTIES___CREATE___LAMINATE, I can see the composite layers with orientation but in this case, there is an error "SHELL ID= **** has null thickness"

Hi George,

There is some problem in contacts. Top clamp and axle is not taking contacts with the leaf. In plies, you assigned table and property but in properties, there are 4 plies which are assigned to laminate property. I am not able to understand how the laminates and plies in PROPERTY tab are related to plies and laminate which you created separately.

Hi George,

I have checked the .rad file. It is the same file which I have sent you. The file in which I was not able to see the composite layers with orientation.

.hm is not compatible with hm14.

Hi George,

Now I am able to see the layers with orientation.

In the file you have created Tables for 4 different plies. Can you please tell me how it is created. Also what can I do to make the thickness variable when we move from centre to the end.

Thanks.

Hi Akhil,

The steps followed for modelling composite are as follows:

> Define a system

>Create plies (select system,elements, define thickness, orientation)

>Create laminate

>Create a dummy property (P17_Stack property, no need to input anything in this property card) and assign the same to the component.

>Select the laminate in the model browser, right click and select realize (Uncheck include drape option)

Now a separate component collector will be created and the property will be automatically assigned.

Can you elaborate more on your objective of your analysis (variable thickness problem), so that we can suggest a workaround'.

Hi George,

The model which I have sent you was of constant thickness, 36mm. I want to model a parabolic leaf with variable thickness i.e., thickness varies from the centre of leaf to the eye of leaf. How can I model the plies for it.

Thanks.